Design learning based on curriculum and pedagogical knowledge, assessment information and an
understanding of each learner’s strengths, interests, needs, identities,
languages and cultures.:
• Select teaching approaches, resources, and learning and assessment activities
based on a thorough knowledge of curriculum content, pedagogy, progressions
in learning and the learners.
• Gather, analyse and use appropriate assessment information, identifying
progress and needs of learners to design clear next steps in learning and to
identify additional supports or adaptations that may be required.
• Design and plan culturally responsive, evidence-based approaches that reflect
the local community and Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership in New Zealand.
• Harness the rich capital that learners bring by providing culturally responsive
and engaging contexts for learners.
• Design learning that is informed by national policies and priorities.
Click the links below for evidence: